Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day Card 2

Here's another Mother's Day card - this time for my mom. I really loved this set by My Favorite Things when it debuted and so I popped into my LSS (which happens to sell MFT stamps!) to find it but I was disappointed to see they didn't have on their shelves. I asked the owner (a lovely woman) about it and she said her husband would be picking up the order tomorrow and could put one aside for me. Despite this stamp being designed for Mother's day I really see some verstality in it as a housewarming card or an Easter card when the frame is removed.

This card required a LOT of masking ot do. First I masked off the inner image and stamped the outer square onto a transparency sheet with Palette Noir. Then I masked off the outer square and stamped the inner image on PTI cardstock. I coloured the image with Copic markers and then masked the image and airbrushed with copics for the background screen.

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill, PTI, SU!), Stamps (SU!, MFT, Amuse Artstamps), Copic markers, Ink (Palette), Robin's Nest, ribbon, Prima flower

I'll have a couple of more Mother's Day projects to share tomorrow - plus - surprise, surprise - a sewing project!

No comments: