Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What I'm Reading Now...New Knitting Books

So I picked up two great new knitting books this week - I'm totally in love with these two books and I can't wait to try the projects in them. The first is called Warm Fuzzies by Betz White. For those of you who aren't familiar with Betz - check out her absolutely scrumptious cupcake pincushions. The book isn't traditional knitting...the projects use felted pieces of recycled wool sweaters. What better way to use an old sweater than to turn it into something fabulous!

The next book is called Knitting New Scarves by Lynne Barr. Let me tell you that the scarves in this book are amazing - completely unique and just wonderful. I can't wait to try a few of her unique patterns to give as gifts. These scarves are conversation pieces.
Speaking of knitting - has anyone heard of this game called "Hat Attack"? Essentially you join a group, they send you a pattern for a hat and you have to knit it up and send it to your target as quickly as possible. If they receive the hat before they are finished knitting their own they are "dead" and must post their death on the Yahoo board for this group. I totally missed this but it sounds like a ton of fun (sign-up deadline was February 6th). It is modelled on something called "Sock Wars" which I assume is similar.

1 comment:

Ashlee D said...

Nice blog you haave