Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SplitCoast Sketch Challenge SC163

This is a card I did for the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge today. I decided to make a Valentine's card for hubby since I needed to make one anyway. I don't usually do Sketch Challenges because frankly I'm not very good at them. I don't know why, but for some reason sketch challenges seem to really stump me...

I tried to make this card a bit more masculine looking with the colour selection and the avoidance of "froofrooness". My husband is a pilot - hence the airplane love stamp (which I was thrilled to come across). The airplane is Savvy Stamps and the sentiment is Amuse Artstamps. I think they go quite nicely together. The little spots are espresso Bella Baubles which I got with my Bella order a couple of days ago. I'm really loving these as an alternative to brads or eyelets on a card.

I'm not really grooving to this card all that much but I think its really important to do things that are a little outside of your comfort level. After all - we never learn anything by not making any mistakes. I do like the colour combination - I don't think I've put red and brown together before.

No comments: