Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mystery Sistah Card

So as promised, I've made a card out of the lovely supplies which arrived from my Mystery Sistah yesterday. This was fun - I usually don't design cards from an assortment of supplies. The items which she gave me include the Spring is Here stamp, the paper flowers (Making Memory) with silver eyelets and the black stitched ribbon.

I wanted to try something a little different with this card so I punched out a transparency sheet with my square scallop Nestabilities and stamped it with the flourish stamp set from Autumn Leaves in Palette Ink (Orangerie). I heat set the ink on the transparency. Then I punched another same-size scallop square from Papertrey paper and stamped the image on it. I coloured it with my Copics and layered the two pieces together. They are attached with the eyelets through the paper flowers on the left side. I trimmed around the flower on the right hand side to give the card a decorative edge. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned Paper (Making Memories), transparency sheet (Staples), ribbon (Michaels), stamps (Studio G, Autumn Leaves), Copic markers, ink (Palette, Brilliance), tools (slot punch - Making Memories, Nestabilities - Spellbinders).

No comments: