Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baby Turns One! Birthday Party Invites


At the risk of being labelled weird (or worse), I want to admit up front that these are probably not your "traditional" birthday party invitation for a baby turning one... That being said, I love how these turned out and I'm so happy to be able to throw a Halloween themed party for my little cuddlepumpkin.

Because my daughter was born in mid-October, and Halloween happens to be one of my favourite holidays, I felt fully justified in putting together a Halloween party to celebrate her first birthday. After all, before I know it she'll be old enough to pick out her own theme and I'll probably be knee deep in Dora the Explorer or Disney Princesses or Soccer Stars (who knows what she'll be into...) and I won't have any say in the matter. Until then, its Halloween baby!

This is such a cute stamp from Stamping Bella. The pumpkin costume is flocked with Doodlebug Crushed Velvet. I used this in my last card (way back in August...) and I just can't get enough of this stuff. What's great about it is that while its thick and soft its also translucent so the black detail lines of my stamp still show through. Its really hard to show just how neat this stuff is in a photo but I would recommend giving it a try if you find some at your local LSS. I'm looking foward to using this on some Christmas cards - I think a red flocked suit on Santa would be fun, fun, fun!

I also had a good excuse to pull out my new Cuttlebug folders for this card. I love the new releases - there are some fantastic designs.

Supplies: Stamps (Stamping Bella, Paper Salon), embossing folder (Cuttlebug), punch (Martha Stewart), cardstock (Bazzill, Stamping Up!), ink (Adirondak, Stampin' Up!), flock (Doodlebug), Copic Markers


Here's a photo of my soon-to-be one-year-old. She's a ball of energy and just about as nutty as her mom (according to her Dad...). My husband likes to mess up her hair and take goofy pictures of her.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute card! And the Halloween theme b-day totally suits you!!!

Tonniece said...

Very, very cute forr a one yr. birthday invite.

And what a little cutie, pretty eyes,dimples and wonderfully develish smile.

Happy Saturday