Saturday, June 7, 2008

Inspiration Challenge - Travelling Vines

Today's challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is an "inspiration challenge" where you are given a photo, an object, a magazine ad or whatever and are asked to use it to "inspire" your card or project. I've never done one of these before but I've been a lazy crafter this weekend due to some family events, so I thought I'd give it a go.

This week's inspiration was a layout in Domino magazine. Here's one of the pictures. I was mostly drawn to the brightly coloured bolsters in the images. I especially loved the leaf motif green bolster. I used the lipstick pink and lime green as my main colours in this card.

I've had this traveling vine die cut set from Quickutz Revolution for ages and never used it but I thought it would be perfect for this project. This almost became a "no stamp" card but I decided to add a sentiment to finish it off and to give it a more triangular composition.

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzil, SU!, PTI), ribbon, Prima flowers, Bella Baubles (Stamping Bella), Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots), Quickutz Revolution 4" die (vine), Ink (Adirondak), Stamp (Savvy)

I've been busy rearranging my craft room this past week so hopefully I'll get some increased productivity in the project department.

Remember - tomorrow I'm drawing for blog candy so don't forget to enter here.

1 comment:

wendyp said...

Love that lime green! Fantastic card!