Monday, May 19, 2008

SCS Challenge - TLC168

So today's SCS "Try a New Technique" challenge was watercoloring combined with embossing. Now, embossing I do - a lot. I have a drawer full of embossing powders that I actually use. But watercolor...never... So, I found this little 12-pack of cheapo watercolor pencils in the bottom of my coloring supplies drawer and thought I'd give it a go. I had a really limited palette so this does not have the depth of colour that I'm used to with my markers. I guess I should get myself a bigger set and practise a bit. Next time I would use a different paper as well as the one I used pilled a bit when I was blending. In any case, I like the card - its fun colours and I think it would make a nice kid's b-day card. I would definately try watercolouring again. The fun thing about these kind of challenges is getting out of your comfort zone!!

The funniest thing about doing this card was that my husband and I sat down for our evening activities at the same time. He wanted to watch a movie that I knew I wouldn't enjoy (depressing drama) and I thought I'd craft for a bit. Just as he finished watching I took my picture to post to my blog and I realized it took me two whole hours to do one card!!! No wonder I never seem to get as much done as I plan on...

Supplies: Cardstock (unknown), paper (3 Bugs in a Rug), Stamps (mouse - Whipper Snapper, balloons - Sunshine Designs, sentiment - Amuse), lime baubles (Stamping Bella), Ink (Versa, SU!), embossing powder, watercolor pencils

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cute mouse card! The colors look great!!! I have never tried watercoloring and somewhere I have some cheap water color pencils too but the two hours is kind of intense. Your layout is super cute too. Yes! Great kids card! I may have to try the watercoloring. Thanks for sharing!

Leesa Berry\Berry nice cards

Christine said...

Your cards are beautiful! Want to do my daughter's birthday invites?