Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quick Card

Just a quick card for you tonight. I'm off visiting my folks this week without a lot of access to my craft supplies (although I did sneak a rubbermaid bin into the back of the van...).

The stamp in this card is called Baby Boy Bear but I coloured the shirt pink so now its baby girl bear. Whipper Snapper makes a Baby Girl Bear stamp (in which she carries a blankie, a stuffed bunny and has the prerequisite bow) but my little girl is far more likely to be seen carrying a bottle than a blankie... Anyway - I think its good to develop versatility with your stamps. If you're anything like me you've invested a lot of cash into your stamp stash and you better be able to get some good use out of them!

The baubles on the flowers are a lot like Robin's Nest or Bella Baubles but I bought them at Michael's cheap, cheap, cheap in packs of about 400 for $3. They are in the home decor section and they were on sale when I picked them up. They are not quite the quality of the other two but a nice alternative - especially if you are making a ton of cards.

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill, PTI), Quickutz dies (flowers), Nestabilities (scalloped and regular rectangle), piercing template, Copic Markers, ink (Adirondak)



Here's this week's favourite cards and projects from the blogosphere as well.