Saturday, April 5, 2008

*New feature - Take On Tutorial

I'm introducing a new feature tonight - Take on Tutorial. There are so many amazing tutorials out there being offered up by talented individuals so I thought I would share with you some of my favourite tutorials and show you projects that I make with them.

This tutorial comes from ScrapnExtras and she calls it Roll with the Punches. I love the way this looks so I thought I'd give it a try.

I did mine slightly differently in that I punched out my template and then traced my circles onto the cardstock. I then used my Copics to add some colour to the circles. After that I replaced the template and ran my jumbo wheel over them. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. The copics ran outside the line a bit on the first two circles I coloured (it spread when I used my blender pen) but I was able to correct this later so the next time I use this technique I shouldn't have this problem.

Supplies: Paper (Bazzil, PTI), Stamps (SU!), Bella Baubles, Ribbon, Piercing Template, Pigma Micron maker marker, Copic Markers, Ink (Brilliance, SU!)

Here is the box I owe you from yesterday. I hope to have two tomorrow. My craft desk is actually such a disaster right now that I can't work on it anymore so I'm committed to tidying it up tomorrow so I can get some more projects done...

This little purse-like box will contain some yummie treats for my Secret Sister. I'm not going to put them in until closer to mailing though.

Supplies: Cardstock (Crate Paper, Bazzil), Prima Flowers, ribbon (May Arts), Punches (slot punch, scallop from SU!), Bella Baubles, piercing template, ink (SU!), clear embossing powder.


Speaking of yummy...I thought I'd share this photo of my daughter "enjoying" her first taste of bananas. She's not really grooving to this whole eating solids thing yet but we keep on a trying! I've got the most hilarious video of her attacking the spoon and then starting to cry when she realized what was on it. She likes to have the spoon in her mouth as long as there's actually no food on it...

No comments: