Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bloglift Tuesdays...and Additions to the Yarn Stash

Today's Bloglift came from the beautiful card at Scrappin' Extras. Apparently she cased the card from another crafter at Splitcoast so I guess its been CASED twice removed...

This lift was perfect for me for a few reasons...

One, I needed to make a birthday card.
Two, I just got this set from Stampin' Up! and it hasn't seen ink yet.
Three, I have owned this Cuttlebug folder for eons and I've never used it.

The inspiration for the colour combo came from the ribbon I used (Maya Roads). I used my anywhere hole punch to punch the balloon tails. The sentiment on the tag came from my "new to me" set of Verve Visual stamps which I got in trade for redesigning my friend Cindy's blog.

Supplies: Paper (Bazzill, Stampin' Up!), Stamps (Stampin' Up!, Verve Visual), punch (Stampin' Up!), Ink (Stampin' Up!), Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Embossing Powder (Stampendous), pearl dots (Stamping Bella), ribbon (Maya Roads)

Here's another swap card that I did for a penguin themed card swap. Really - there's not much "penquiny" about this card but I love these Memory Box stamps and this is one of my favourite colour combos. I got some new Bella Baubles yesterday that went perfect with this paper.

Supplies: Paper (Bazzill, Papertrey, Daisy Bucket Designs), Stamps (Memory Box), Ink (Brilliance), Bella Baubles (Stamping Bella), ribbon.


So, I did manage to go to Fibrefest on Friday and picked up a bunch of yarn which I really like. I am first and foremost a colour person so I'm attracted to things by colour, but with yarn, texture is really important too so some of this was selected by texture. I will probably do mostly socks, hats and scarves with this selection, but I haven't finalized my projects yet.


This is a beautiful wool/nylon mix. I think it will make a nice warm scarf and mitten set. I also got it in a red mix colour.




I'm going to knit a little carrot hat for my daughter with this yarn. Its so soft.







I have no idea what I will knit with this...I just fell in love with the colour combination. This is a silk yarn which I've never knit with before. There is a lot here - maybe enough for a sweater so I'll have to really think about this one.




This merino/bamboo mix is unbelievably soft. Its probably destined for socks because of its weight but I want to find a funky pattern because its a natural colour yarn.





This is definately destined for socksville. I love the colours in this yarn.





These are the coolest socks! I got these from the Funknits booth in a kit. I loooovvveee them. They are called Allsorts Socks because the colours and pattern are like Licorice Allsorts. I love the way they are knitting up so far - the spiral pattern is very cool to knit. I can't wait to finish these. So far this is the cuff, leg and beginning of the heel.

I also picked up a few great books which I will share with you in another entry. For now, I bid you good night!

1 comment:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Cute cards, Lisa! Nice yarn, too. When you buy yarn like that how do you wind it into a usable ball? A few months ago I bought a fancy skien (or whatever you call it) of wool and I had a heck of a time knitting with it because it tangled constantly.